Have you ever come across a technique that you found exciting, unexpected and helpful? Sure you have! The Student and Outreach Subcommittee of the IEEE IT Society is proud to present the “Four Minutes, Two Techniques Contest”, a special online challenge to give you the opportunity to share that exciting, unexpected and helpful technique!!
If you are a student registered to ISIT, you will be able to:
- Be part of a team formed by two students, each from a different university. You are free to choose your teammate, or let the Student and Outreach Subcommittee pair you with another participant. Team up for competition, collaborate for life!
- For each team, Student A will explain their selected technique to Student B, and Student B will explain their selected technique to Student A. It is important that the two selected techniques are different.
- Collaborate on making and uploading a short video with your conversation (i.e., where Student A explains their selected technique to Student B, and Student B explains their selected technique to Student A) to explain these techniques to the ISIT audience. The video should not be more than 4 minutes long. It should be uploaded at this link no later than Monday, June 21st. For preparing your video, please make sure to follow the guidelines at this link.
- Win prizes! Three videos will be selected by a jury composed by Brit Cruise, who works on educational learning and has helped the society create a number of successful YouTube outreach videos (Video 1, Video 2), and two members of the Student and Outreach Subcommittee. Each member of the winning teams will receive $300 USD! The videos will be scored based on creativity, clarity, and evidence of collaboration.
- Get visibility within the IT community. The three winning videos will be uploaded on the IEEE Information Theory Society YouTube Channel. Take a look at the three winning videos of the ISIT 2020 student online challenge (Video 1, Video 2, Video 3).
Students should register no later than Friday, May 28th by filling the form at this link. The teams will be announced on Monday, May 31st.
Organized by the Student and Outreach Subcommittee (Matthieu Bloch, Martina Cardone, Onur Günlü, Siyao Li, Neha Sangwan, Farhad Shirani, I-Hsiang Wang, Parisa Hassanzadeh)